A mother understands what a child does not say. -Jewish proverb

Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Living the Love Languages

 Do you sometimes feel like just a maid or a nanny instead of a wife? Do you sometimes wonder if any of what you do is actual appreciated? Do you just need a hug? Do you wish your husband would actually acknowledge your birthdays or anniversary? If you answered yes to these questions,  you need to read The 5 Love Languages by Gary Chapman. 

I read this book many years ago and remembered it last week. I revisited the 5 Love Languages website and took the quiz. My love language is Words of Affirmation. Surprisingly, that is not the love language I speak the best but it is the one that I receive. I thought that my husband's love language was Acts of Service. But it was not, it was Physical Touch. I wasn't too shocked by this revelation but I really thought Acts of Service would have ranked higher because he is always as giving me "honey do lists". 

I got to thinking though. That maybe I should learn to speak my primary love language in order to receive it more. There was a new book released today called Speak Love. I am going to purchase it for my Kindle app and start reading it. I will post an update once I finish it. 

I encourage you to go take the quiz. Post your primary love language in the comments below! 

No comments:

Post a Comment