A mother understands what a child does not say. -Jewish proverb

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Prepping for Homeschool Preschool


The beginning of every school year is rough on me. I have often felt like my degree is going to waste as I sit at home with my children. For those of you who don't know me, my degree is in Elementary Education. Is my degree wasted? Not so much.

As our 3 year old should be entering a K3 program somewhere, I began researching homeschool options for him. I found a wonderful program that is mostly free. If you want to purchase the curriculum in the whole, that is an option as well. For only $14 dollars!! Holla!!

The program is called God's Little Explorers and it is a 26 week program. There is a letter a week and they don't go in order. I think it will work well for us because there is a Bible time component that will be easy to involve the babies in plus it will be easy to add in any of his Awana work with it. I particularly like the idea of homeschooling him because he is speech delayed and it might be less frustrating for all of us at this point.

If you want to view the curriculum, please go visit here http://www.motherhoodonadime.com/kids/gods-little-explorer-preschool-curriculum/.

The teacher in me wants to expand on this though. The first week theme is "X marks the Spot." I plan on visiting the library with the kids to find some books that fit this theme. We will also have some pretend play when we dress up like pirates and we will do some crafts that are pirate themed.
One of the books I plan to use is this one:





I also plan on letting him play with a toy pirate ship that we already own during his bath time.

I will also pull some extra activities from here:



I will update you all when we begin. I plan on starting the first week of September. 

As promised: 
I have an awesome surprise for you! A GIVEAWAY!

The prize is an awesome Melissa and Doug United States sound puzzle. 



To enter: 
You must 
1) Subscribe to my blog. 
2) Like my Facebook page: The KidSmiths
3) Leave any kind of homeschool suggestion or any pirate activity that would work for our first week down below in the comments.

I will pick a winner on Sunday night! 

Stay tuned for updates on all of the Kidsmiths! 

No comments:

Post a Comment